The central and state government have made considerable effort to enhance the skill of the youth there continues to be a huge gap between the demand and supply of skilled workforce. This is magnified by the fact that with a population of a billion plus people and majority in the average age of 25 years nearly 300 million are underemployed or unemployed. On the other side industry is in acute shortage of skilled labour. This clearly highlights that most of our population is under skilled and therefore unemployable. The Regional Skill Development Council (RSDC) has been established with a primary objective to enhance skills of youth of India to meet the growing demand of modern industrialization in India.
A division of Vednta, Regional Skill Development Council of India is training institute, dedicated to providing short-term programmes for professionals in corporate/life skills, project management, operational excellence, and people skills. Our mission is to train people in Manufacturing, Agriculture, Services, Engineering and Construction sectors. We are committed to delivering Skills Programmes for students in school, youth, trainers, and working professionals for career growth.
All training courses, specialised seminars and workshops are conducted in collaboration with the leading companies and institutions. RSDC strives to develop and deploy effective training courses to meet specific needs.
India has one of the largest higher education systems in the world. The economic growth of the country is leading to a surge in demand for more engineers, management graduates, computer engineers, and many other professionals. Given the huge opportunity in the sector, there is a growing trend of private sector participation. According to a recent FICCI report on the private sector's participation in the Indian higher education, the country has displayed impressive growth over the last decade to become one of the world's largest systems of higher education.
There are six (6) branches in the Skills Development Division
1. Training and Development Planning Branch
2. Curriculum Development Branch
3. Operations Training Branch
4. Commissioning and Industrial Relations Branch
5. Industrial Training Branch
6. Finances and Administration Branch
Training and Development Planning Branch
Planning and Coordination Unit
1. Plan the direction, strategy and training programme in line with the current needs of the country
2. Designing new majors in line with the current needs of the employment market in the industrial sector
3. Plan and analyse the effectiveness of the appointment system
4. To plan the upgrading of facilities and equipment
5. Plan to increase the capacity and expansion of RSDC
6. Designing a new approach towards improving the quality and quantity of training
7. Designing a cooperation programme with government agencies and the private sector local and abroad
8. Collect and analyse information
9. Development of Information Systems
10. Coordinate reports and statements feedback
11. Review and evaluation of the teaching programme and delivery system
Physical Development Unit
1. To study the needs and propose the development of a new training institute in country.
2. Identify the physical components for each new institutes construction project
3. Coordinate and supervise the construction of a new institute.
Curriculum Development Branch
Technical Curriculum Unit
1. To plan and coordinate curriculum development in technical and vocational skills training at RSDC based on skills standard
2. Plan and coordinate the development of teaching and learning materials based on the curriculum developed
3. Monitor the implementation of the training according to the developed curriculum, teaching materials, teaching aid and learning guide
4. Help identify needs in training equipment appropriate to the curriculum
5. Identify the needs of the course, the level and duration based on industry demand
6. Provide technical advice on infrastructure development
7. Evaluate and update the curriculum of technical and vocational skills training
8. Coordinate and supervise the implementation of RSDC Skills Courses.
General Learning Unit
1. To plan and coordinate the development of general education curriculum at RSDC.
2. Plan and coordinate the development of teaching and learning materials based on the developed curriculum
3. Monitor the implementation of the training according to the curriculum, teaching materials, teaching and learning aid guide developed
4. Review and update the general education curriculum from time to time
Training Operations Branch
RSDC Management Coordination Unit
1. Managing the recruitment and student records
2. Prepare and update officers and staff of the RSDC.
3. Managing the operation of the RSDC services.
4. Monitor all programmes implemented in RSDC (full-time courses, short courses, English language training, ICT and programme)
5. Monitoring the management and operation of RSDC (management and staff welfare)
Instructor Development Unit
1. To plan and oversee the academic and skills upgrading programme to RSDC instructors - pedagogy, skills upgrading programme
2. Plan the placement of instructors according to qualification
3. Plan programme in increasing the human capital building ‘s instructors
Student Affairs Unit
1. Oversee and manage students’ co-curriculum
2. Supervise student disciplinary action
3. Manage RSDC Alumni
5. Monitor the RSDC programme
Accreditation and Industry Relations Branch
1. Ensuring accreditation for the courses conducted by national skills standards.
2. Carry out training inspectorate to RSDC to guarantee the quality of training
3. Manage the creation of a new accreditation centre
4. Manage related matters in RSDC’s examination
Industrial Relations Unit
1. To plan and coordinate industrial training for students of RSDC
2. Establish relationships for the implementation of modular, customized and short-term courses in RSDC according to the needs of industry
3. Identifying job opportunities in industry
4. To advice and assistance in managing the placement of students after training industry
5. Develop a collaboration with the private sector to improve the quality of skills training
6. Hold the promotion and publicity of all training programmes
Industrial Training Branch
Coordination and Operations Unit
1. Coordinate student affairs programme
2. Plan, coordinate and oversee the recruitment and placement of students for Training Place Funding Programme, Apprenticeship Programme, Non-Formal Skills Training and Career Seminar Day
3. The preparation, coordination and supervision of provisions
4. Providing data and Programme Evaluation Report
5. Coordinate the inspectors on training place
6. Manage to gain recognition
7. Branch promotion and documentation
8. Coordinate branch’s provision
Informal Training Unit
1. Manage and oversee the Informal Skills Training Programme.
2. Manage and oversee the Career Day Seminar programme
3. Develop the provision of programme modules
4. Monitoring and evaluation of the programme conducted
5. To monitor programme’s expenditure nationwide
Training Development Unit
1. Manage and oversee the Financing of Training Places programme
2. To monitor provision of programme’s expenditure
3. To provide inspectors and visits to the training centre
4. To monitor the implementation of programs, courses and programme reports
5. Manage student affairs
Finance and Administration Branch
Management and Finance Unit
1. Financial management and supervision of the procurement Division
2. Management and coordination of the preparation of the Annual Operating Budget for Division and RSDC
3. Supervision and coordination of Operating Budget provision and expenditure in RSDC.
4. To manage and supervise establishment and service of the officers and staff of the Division.
1. Administrative Management division
2. Manages inventory, stock verification, disposal and write-off of assets in the Division
3. Management of the Division’s file